webmaster
Posted on: 2005/12/24 15:55
Webmaster
Re: New Testament Church
Ron,

WOW!

Quote:

Ron B wrote:
When, in Matt 16, Christ said 'I will build my church' is was a startling statement to men who already believed they were part of the 'church of God' (qahal Jehovah)

What you are saying has just hit me, actually while I was driving back a group of children from carol singing in a town center. If they already had a concept of, how did you put it, being part of the 'church of God', then what Jesus said in their understanding was "I will build my own church" or maybe "I will build another congregation which belongs to me."

Of course if Jesus wasn't God this would be heresy... I guess it comes back to the old covenant and the new. A new covenant needs a new terms, new promises, new power and new contracting parties. The old participants are invited to partake in the new covenant but on the terms of that new covenant not on the terms of the older, now superseded, covenant.

As our American friends would say, "awesome". I think I need to update my study on MyBibleBase.com about the universal church.

Gary

----------------
Gary Sims
A webmaster of New Covenant Workshops
The webmaster of My Bible Base
Read Gary's Bible Notes...

graham
Posted on: 2006/1/9 13:00
Just can't stay away
Back after a short respite of chewing, in the old tradition of Christmas....and meditation on all that has been said so far, of course.

'Of course if Jesus wasn't God this would be heresy... I guess it comes back to the old covenant and the new. A new covenant needs a new terms, new promises, new power and new contracting parties. The old participants are invited to partake in the new covenant but on the terms of that new covenant not on the terms of the older, now superseded, covenant.'

So both 'churches' were people bound by a covenant, the one in a manner, saved by the Father and the other by the Son, the one in the Old and the other in the New......
SO what are the defining characteristics of these people (the New Covenant ones)?

Oh no I can feel another digression coming on....what is the New Covenant?
Ron B
Posted on: 2006/1/10 12:39
Needs to get out a bit more!
Graham's Quote:
Oh no I can feel another digression coming on....what is the New Covenant?

Ah, this is never a digression. This is the purpose of the website!
Take a dip into The New Covenant.

----------------

Bartek
Posted on: 2012/1/5 22:48
Just can't stay away
Hi,
does this topic of New Covenant exist?
Bartek
« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top | PDF

Register To Post