Poster Thread
robertw
Posted on: 2011/7/3 11:29
Needs to get out a bit more!
Re: Healing

----------------
Blessings, Robert Wurtz II

The Girded Mind

Obedience is better esteemed with God than acquired knowledge, it is the most important lesson -fundamental to the gaining of all spiritual knowledge from God. (GWN)

Delboy
Posted on: 2011/7/3 19:10

----------------

ADisciple
Posted on: 2011/7/4 23:57
Just can't stay away
ADisciple
Posted on: 2011/7/5 0:01
Just can't stay away
Quote:
it seems to me that there is a timing to God's healing as well.

Yes, I've thought about that myself.
ADisciple
Posted on: 2011/7/5 0:10
Just can't stay away
Quote:
I want to pray or the sick more and yet is it a hesitancy due to un belief or lack of faith? I believe God does heal and can heal, is it a faith issue i wonder? Fasting? closeness to God? Prayer closet?

Hi Derek:

I too wonder about this. Ron pointed out in another thread that faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. We can't excercise faith if we are not hearing. We can't hear if God isn't speaking.

But are there factors that hinder hearing?

And are there other factors that hinder God speaking... things that we are resonsible for?

The word "synergism" is being used on some of these threads of late -- speaking of the cooperative work between us and God. God has a part, we have a part.

If God is not speaking, is there some synergistic element on our part that needs to come more into play?

...It's very encouraging to see more and more that we are seeking Him these days about these things.

"Thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee."

Allan

ADisciple
Posted on: 2011/7/5 0:46
Just can't stay away
Ron said, Quote:
I was talking to someone a few weeks ago who had been researching and talking to some of the old folks. One of them said 'they all seemed to lose the power at the same time'. I had never heard that before. These events were immediately prior to the second world war. The Pentecostal 'powers' was immediately prior to the 1st world war and there were powerful movements in the US immediately prior to the Civil War. Are there connections here? Are there seasons in God's dealings with men and women?

This is very interesting. I've been thinking about it for the past couple of days... thinking about the way I had misread it, I mean. I thought it had said, "Are there seasons in God's healings with men and women?"

...To which I had to agree. I believe there are seasons of healings... as He has shown in these moves mentioned above, which God has obviously brought to an end.

So, the season comes to an end. Why? It can only be because God has something greater in mind.

I'm thinking of the power gifts. "Gifts of healings," for one. (It's interesting that this is in the plural.)

But does God have something greater in mind than the gifts of the Spirit? The gifts of healing? I believe He does.

The fruit of the Spirit. I wonder if we grasp the awesome potential there is in the fruit of the Spirit... to heal, or to deliver.

Robert mentioned the power the "oldtimers" knew. Why does God let that power dry up?

It can only be because He has something greater in mind. Not just "power," which can also be accompanied by pride and carnality.

But... love. We think we know what love is. But I wonder if we comprehend the power that is in Love... and that as we come into Love we are going to discover a Power in it that produces healings and deliverances like nothing before.

...In that sense I have to say that my own pursuit, in spite of my need for healing these years, has not been for healing. I'm very concerned about it, of course, as my contribution to this thread has shown. But it's not my focus, really... but rather that relationship of abiding in Christ and His yoke, apart from which there can no fruit come forth... but which, as we abide in and bring forth fruit that abides... "whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in My Name, He may give it you" (Jn. 15.16).

...I'll quote the verse in full.

"Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and taht your fruit should remain (abide): that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in My Name, He may give it you."

...So, this question. If we are not seeing healings to any great exent these days, what is missing? What should we be seeking? Healing power? Or... healing Love?

Ron B
Posted on: 2011/7/5 11:31
Quote:
I had one more thought here. I notice that the man healed through Peter and John had probably been passed by Jesus many times. I can't say for sure, but it seems to me that there is a timing to God's healing as well. The man begged alms. God allowed him to continue in that state and later brought healing. Don't know why the delay. It just seemed to be God's time for the dear man.

I dimly recall GWN commenting on this passage with a statement along the lines of... God often leaves things for others to complete.

We might ask why God chose not to heal Lazarus but did chose to raise him from the dead?

----------------

robertw
Posted on: 2011/7/7 14:58
I had a thought along this line of healing:

Now Elisha had been suffering from the illness from which he died. Jehoash king of Israel went down to see him and wept over him. “My father! My father!” he cried. “The chariots and horsemen of Israel!” (2 Kings 13:14)

Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man's body into Elisha's tomb. When the body touched Elisha's bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet. (2 Kings 13:21)

I don't know if we have brought this up yet, but this is a strange thing to consider. Here is a man of God that died of an illness, and then another man is raised from the dead when they came into contact with his bones. All I can gather from this is that God is making it clear that if he would have wanted to He would have healed Elisha, no problem. It would have been a light thing. Yet, Elijah went in a whirlwind and Elisha died of sickness. Elijah fled from Jezebel, Elisha saw her slain. So as I think about it- this one story of Elijah and Elisha totally destroys any formula we could possibly come up with.

If Elijah had died of illness we might have said it was caused by a lack of faith because of his flight from Jezebel. Something we could have said. But what are we to make of circumstances where it seemed in natural human reasoning that the reverse should have happened, i.e., Elisha up in a whirlwind and Elijah died of sickness?

----------------
Blessings, Robert Wurtz II

The Girded Mind

Obedience is better esteemed with God than acquired knowledge, it is the most important lesson -fundamental to the gaining of all spiritual knowledge from God. (GWN)

MikeH
Posted on: 2011/7/7 23:53
Not to contradict the consideration of healing at all, but there are a couple of verses that we need to throw into the mix when we develop our thinking:

2Co 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Unless the Lord returns, we will all get old and die. If I left it there I would sound like one of 'Job's comforters' But our inner man, that is going from 'glory to glory'.

----------------
Kind regards
Mike

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)
| Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top | PDF

Register To Post

Copyright © 2004-2007by Biblebase.com  |   |  Design by 7dana.com