Mindfulness
Register To Post

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom | PDF
Poster Thread
Jonah
Posted on: 2014/7/6 21:05
Just can't stay away
Mindfulness
Has anyone knowledge of this practice? It seems it is being introduced in my daughter's school as part of personal and moral development. Apparently it has Buddhist routes but in the UK, from a brief search, it looks like it may be a mainstream mental health therapy to relieve stress.

I can't grasp what it is to be honest other than some sort of meditation technique. How concerned should I be about my daughter being taught and probably encouraged to practice it??

----------------
"Give me the faith which can remove and sink the mountain to a plain, give me the childlike, praying love that longs to build Thine house again"

Ron B
Posted on: 2014/7/8 20:12
Needs to get out a bit more!
Re: Mindfulness
Sorry this one is new to me.

----------------

Jonah
Posted on: 2014/7/8 21:44
Just can't stay away
Re: Mindfulness
Since my first post, I have discovered a briefing paper on Mindfulness by the Maranatha Community which probably comprehensively addresses my queries, though I haven't studied it yet.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Mike/My%20Documents/Downloads/Mindfulness.pdf

Or it can be downloaded from here:

http://www.maranathacommunity.org.uk/resources.aspx

At the top of the paper we read, "Mindfulness is being intensively promoted in the National Health Service and in our educational system. It is receiving considerable support from public bodies. It is rooted in and deeply influenced by Buddhism". I include this just to show it seems to be very widespread already, even though some of us had never heard about it before! The pace of secularisation and decoupling of our society from Christian principles would be frightening, were it not that our God reigns!

----------------
"Give me the faith which can remove and sink the mountain to a plain, give me the childlike, praying love that longs to build Thine house again"

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top | PDF

Register To Post

Copyright © 2004-2007by Biblebase.com  |   |  Design by 7dana.com