Re: Is the Bible an instruction book?
Hi Daniel
You made it! Well done.

----------------

dgawlicki
Posted on: 2014/4/15 0:12
Just popping in
Hi Ron - Yes, I made it (with my wife's help) - and it didn't hurt. So to all who are anxious, have courage! What's next, Ron.... should I wait for a response or should I start sharing a few of my thoughts on the topic?
Ron B
Posted on: 2014/4/15 1:26
Needs to get out a bit more!
Yes, Daniel, Tell us what you think.

----------------

Ron B
Posted on: 2014/5/20 20:58
Needs to get out a bit more!
Daniel. I'm not sure why this hasn't had any answers.
I think the Bible contains instructions but primarily it is a revelation of God's heart. Did you have some particular passage in mind?

----------------

dgawlicki
Posted on: 2014/7/4 0:43
Just popping in
... it is long time now since my last entry. there are few reasons. One is that i don't really know what i think :d Thoughts are changing and reshaping so fast. But from time to time i do struggle to understand what is the "engine" of christian walk. In my circle the Bible very often is used as the book which shape people life, what we do and how we do. We can read about the Lord's Jesus life and disciples and try do the same things in similar circumstances. (becomes tricky when we can see 2 or 3 different ways - what it is very often the case) And what we have is instead of fallowing the One to Whom we surrender our life and to hear what He is saying we copy someone else life.

"Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He HAD SAID THIS TO THEM AND THEY BELIEVED the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said." John 2.22 The disciples believed the Scriptures because they heard the Lord's speaking. (wondering what part of the Scripture they had in mind thinking of the the Lord building the Temple in 3 days)

Book of Acts 24.14 But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the God of my fathers, BELIEVING ALL THINGS WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.
We do say that we believing the Bible but if the believing coming from hearing do we have to hear the Lords voice in every verse to believe therefore to live in it and to speak about it? Or there is different kind of "believing" or maybe on different level?
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top | PDF

Register To Post

Copyright © 2004-2007by Biblebase.com  |   |  Design by 7dana.com