Register To Post

| Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom | PDF
Poster Thread
robertw
Posted on: 2008/7/25 20:19
Needs to get out a bit more!
Re: Rock of Ages
Quote:
I don't preach about this topic very often and yet I am convinced that it is fundamental to a solid understanding of the implications of New Birth.

1. There is no hope.
2. Now there is hope.

Thanks Ron. This is very good also. I think it goes right along with the GW. North FIRE messages.

I like one of the Puritain quotes:

A preachers job is to:

Disturb the comfortable
Comfort the disturbed

I couldn't help but think how I have heard so much disturbing the disturbed and comforting the comfortable.

----------------
Blessings, Robert Wurtz II

The Girded Mind

Obedience is better esteemed with God than acquired knowledge, it is the most important lesson -fundamental to the gaining of all spiritual knowledge from God. (GWN)

Ron B
Posted on: 2009/8/27 16:59
Re: Rock of Ages
If you don't already follow it, I recommend you tune in to Robert Wurtz's blog on this topic; The Girded Mind

----------------

BeYeDoers
Posted on: 2013/5/12 6:19
Just can't stay away
Inherited Sin?
Reviving this because of something I used to believe (because I was taught it, not because I read it in scripture), and recently heard again. I know this has been discussed here in many similar threads, but I wanted to open it again. Maybe some minds have changed, or we can open the topic up a little more.

The idea is basically this: When Adam sinned, Sin entered, and that Sin nature is then transmitted to all after him, through the seed of man. Jesus was born of a virgin so that he would be Sin-less. He didn't have a "man" to inherit a Sin nature from.

I think this is overwhelmingly the view of "the Church" (please let's not get sidetracked on what exactly that means ) throughout the centuries, whether Roman, Reformed, Evangelical, what have you.

Sounds good logically, but I really struggle to see scripture teaching as such. "Through one man" is the theme of Romans 5, not many men. I don't inherit my Sin from my father, who got it from his father, who got it from his father, etc. back to Adam any more than I inherit righteousness from the evangelist who preached to me or the elders of my church, through the centuries, back to the apostles and eventually Christ. I got my Sin nature in the garden. I get my righteousness at the cross.

I've heard it said that this doctrine/method of inherited sin is actually quite crucial to much of Protestant theology, but in my view, it actually leads to some pretty bizarre ideas if actually followed through completely. Furthermore, isn't this view more accurately traced to Rome?
robertw
Posted on: 2013/5/15 12:24
Re: Inherited Sin?
I would say that we receive The Sin (sin nature) from Adam. We are born in Adam and share in his experience. We are born again in Christ and share in His experience. Sin stood at the door and knocked and the first Adam heard and he received it (The Sin); thus the whole human race share in that experience from birth. By one man Sin entered the world and death by Sin. The experience of those in Adam is that they walk in the spirit of disobedience. Their fruit is thorns and briars. They are nigh unto cursing and their end is to be burned. They are made known by their fruit. They are of their father the devil.

Sin stood and knocked at the door of the last Adam (Christ), who replied "it is written" and did not open the door. He was of His Heavenly Father and remained as such. He did not sell His birthright for a morsel of meat (as it were) as did Adam. His meat was to do the will of Him that sent Him; for it is written, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that is proceeding from the mouth of God. This was His desire. His experience was sinless perfection. He knew no sin and did not have a Sinful nature. He was full of the Holy Spirit and yielded the fruit of the Spirit. He is the only real man; all others are shadows and broken images.

So in order to remedy our condition we have to get out of Adam and into Christ so that we can share His experience and nature in the same way that we share Adam's. Tha Adamic nature is not something I received from my father per se, but the consequence of being born into a fallen human race that is in Adam. We are born under the headship of Adam and we must come under Christ's, the last Adam's head. We have to get out of the body of Sin and come into the Body of Christ. Our Old Man (the ancient man Adam) was crucified with Christ that the body of Sin might be destroyed. The cross dealt with Adam. To partake of that reality we have to be born again in Christ by being baptized into Him. Just some thoughts. Blessings. Robert

----------------
Blessings, Robert Wurtz II

The Girded Mind

Obedience is better esteemed with God than acquired knowledge, it is the most important lesson -fundamental to the gaining of all spiritual knowledge from God. (GWN)

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)
| Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top | PDF

Register To Post

Copyright © 2004-2007by Biblebase.com  |   |  Design by 7dana.com